Monday, March 25, 2013

Priest begins duties as new vicar general

Humility and obedience guide Father Nguyen
Father Nguyen, director of vocations, has been chosen as the new vicar general.
"I will try whatever I can to serve our Church out of love for the Church," he said.
The archdiocese of Vancouver has a new vicar general! Father Joseph Phuong Nguyen, director of vocations, was chosen by the archbishop to take on the task.
"I don't think I'm worthy to take this role. I don't think I have the gift to take this role. But the bishop trusts me," said Father Nguyen, not without tears in his eyes.

Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB, phoned Father Nguyen at the beginning of March and asked if he would be vicar general.

Father Nguyen was so overwhelmed that he asked for some time to make the decision. He spent five days and nights thinking, praying, and talking to good friends and his spiritual director.
For full story, see The B.C. Catholic website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment about this post.

Rules for commenting

Posts and comments to The Busy Catholic must be marked by Christian charity and respect for the truth. They should be on topic and presume the good will of other contributors. Discussion should take place primarily from a faith perspective. We reserve the right to end discussion on any topic any time we feel the discussion is no longer productive.